Dynamica develops and maintains several Modelica libraries, for modelling in different physical and multiphysics domains.
All our libraries are compatible with each other, and can be used together to create models of complex systems.
All our libraries have interfaces compatible with the open-source Modelica Standard Library (https://github.com/modelica/ModelicaStandardLibrary), released under the BSD 3-Clause “New” or “Revised” licence (https://github.com/modelica/ModelicaStandardLibrary/blob/master/LICENSE); hence, all our libraries can then be used in conjunction with the rich set of models contained therein.
Modelica library for modelling analogue and digital automation and control systems. The library consists of four main sections:
- Automation: dedicated to combinatory automation systems or based on state machines, it includes fundamental logic blocks, flip-flops, ON-OFF controls with fixed and variable hysteresis, logic drivers, sequencers;
- Control: dedicated to analogue or digital control loops, it includes analogue and digital PI/PID controllers, analogue memories, selectors, limiters, rate limiters, scaling blocks;
- Actuators: dedicated to actuators, including blocks for ON/OFF and modulating single or double speed actuators;
- Sources: dedicated to signal sources such as ramps, pulse trains, pulse generators.
The library has interfaces that are fully compatible with the Modelica Standard Library, so it is possible to use blocks from both libraries in the same model.
Modelica library for the modelling of pressure transients in aeraulic circuits, fully compatible with the Modelica Standard Library, and in particular with the Media package for fluid modeling (for example Air or Ideal gas mixtures).
The library includes numerous components such as various types of ducts, gas-to-gas heaters, ON/OFF and modulating dampers with relative actuators, centrifugal and axial fans, simplified models for the representation of macro-devices and chimneys using characteristic curves.
The FlueGasPath library requires the open-source Modelica ThermoPower library developed by the Politecnico di Milano and released under Modelica License 2 (www.modelica.org/licenses/ModelicaLicense2) as an external resource. ThermoPower is available for download at https://github.com/casella/ThermoPower.
Modelica library for modelling thermo-hydraulic circuits, fully compatible with the Modelica Standard Library, and in particular with the Media package for modeling fluids (for example Water/Steam or Ideal gas mixtures).
The library includes components for machine modelling (simplified or based on characteristic curves), various types of heat exchangers, gas-to-gas heaters, ON/OFF and modulating dampers with relative actuators, valves with relative actuators, cylindrical body evaporators, centrifugal pumps and steam turbines.
The ProcessComponentsAndDevices requires the open-source Modelica ThermoPower library developed by the Politecnico di Milano and released under Modelica License 2 (www.modelica.org/licenses/ModelicaLicense2) as an external resource. ThermoPower is available for download at https://github.com/casella/ThermoPower.
Modelica library for the modelling of mechanical/hydraulic multiphysics systems, fully compatible with the Modelica Standard Library, and in particular with the Mechanics.Rotational and Mechanics.Translational packages.
The library includes numerous components for the modelling of hydraulic machines and circuits and also allows the modelling of high frequency phenomena due to the compressibility of the vector fluid. The library consists of two main sections and some auxiliary sections.
- Oleodynamic: main section that contains the multiphysics components for modelling hydraulic systems. It includes accumulators and compensators, pipes for manifold and pressure drops, compliant pipes for fittings, compliant pipes for long ducts, control valves of various types ON/OFF and modulating, distributors, pilot chambers and single and double action pistons, tanks under pressure, simplified volumetric pumps, boundary conditions in flow and pressure;
- Mechanics: main section that contains the mechanical components for modelling different types of friction and friction, limit switches with and without latches, oil-compensated spring chambers, sliding joints;
- Thermal: auxiliary section that contains models of thermal exchange between oil and enclosures;
- Pneumatic: auxiliary section that contains the pneumatic chambers for the accumulator models and a simplified model of volumetric compressor;
- Controls: auxiliary section that contains some blocks of the DynamicaAutomationAndControl library, typically used in hydraulic circuits;
- Librerie dei fluidi: auxiliary section that contains some simplified models of vector fluid;
- Sensors: auxiliary section that contains ideal sensor models and totalisers.
- Electrical: auxiliary section that contains simplified models of the pilot coils for the solenoid valves;